Monday, November 12, 2012

A Part to Play

John 12:27-28: "Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? But for this purpose is have come to this hour. Father, glorify Your Name." --Jesus

It was the plan that Jesus would suffer greatly. Why do I complain when it's part of God's plan for me to go though trials? He is no less Good in the midst of it all;in fact, He is shows His Goodness by allowing / causing these slight sufferings in my life. He is for me, He never does anything that is not the to my benefit! So what should my response be when He brings trials my way? Sincere gratitude for His desire to grow me. Is that not something I ask Him for? Is that not something I desire? To be growing ever-closer to Him? For character that has His handwriting on it? For patience? For endurance? For faithfulness toward Him? He desires these things for me in ways and capacities I don't even know and am not even capable of desiring for myself.

Should I doubt His heart? No, not at all. He wants the very best for me and from me. Should I doubt His judgement, then? No, He's the One who sees all things. Should I doubt His plan? Of course not. He is the Great Orchestrator. In His symphony, may I play my part well.

But that takes practice, as well as a very clear understanding of what part is mine to play. Who am I to worry or groan when He gives me opportunity to work on improving my part? There will be a day when all the saints will play their parts perfectly. A day when Jesus returns and all anyone will be able to do is fall at His feet and proclaim that HE is Lord. Every day until then is preparation. Every day until then is a chance to be that much more ready. Whether that's basking in His glorious blessings and provisions, or choosing to press on through difficulties. So tune your instruments, everyone!

Does He--the Sovereign One, the Mighty Redeemer, our Holy Father, Glorious God--not deserve everything we have to give? And we are even incapable of giving Him what He deserves completely, simply by His definition, and ours.

So tune your instruments, learn your part, and play like you've never played before - for His Glory and Fame. Let us be a beautiful symphony for all the world to hear, that they may know Him who orchestrates it all. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, I would love to know what you think about the ideas presented here. Let's talk about Jesus! It doesn't happen enough, let's change that! Leave your comment please :)